Company history
Company history


Company history

Curt Richter customers have benefited from textbook flexibility with regard to equipment, planning, management, loading, transport and warehousing since 1936. The family-run company has particularly gained a good reputation due to its efficiency in managing to balance quick response times, cost-effectiveness and reliability.

1936 The company was founded by Curt and Erna Richter with its headquarters in Brachstedt/Halle
1950 Relocation of the company headquarters to Cologne; relaunch and specialisation in tank logistics at the Cologne/Leverkusen chemical industry business site
1956 Construction of the first tank cleaning facility in Cologne
1960 Opening of the branch in Dormagen
1987 Opening of the Italian branch in Podenzano (what is now Trecate), intermodal traffic with tank containers launched
1988 Holding obtained in Spedition Gruber, Ludwigshafen
1989 Founding of Bahn-Tank-Transport GmbH
1990 Founding of the TANKCEU organisation
1993 Opening of the branch in Mehring near Burghausen
1994 Opening of the branch in Bitterfeld
1996 Opening of the branch in Goole (Great Britain)
2004 Opening of the branch in Ibbenbüren, opening of the branch in Hamburg
2005 Opening of the branch in Rotterdam (NL)
2006 Expansion of the branch in Mehring, opening of the branch in Wesel
2008/2009 As a result of the change in legal status from Curt Richter GmbH to Curt Richter SE, the company became the first tank logistics firm in Germany to operate as a public EU company
2009 Opening of the Duisburg site
2011/2012 New tank container workshop and central warehouse built at the headquarters in Cologne
2012 Expansion of the Mehring site
2014 New tank cleaning facility of the Bitterfeld site

Curt Richter has always been a competent partner – whether it was in the early days or now. [...more]